Special Awards & Recognition
- William H. Spurgeon III Award [PDF]
- The William H. Spurgeon III Award is the highest recognition for individuals and organizations contributing significant leadership to the Exploring program.
- Leadership Award [PDF]
- The Learning for Life Leadership Award is a distinguished award for Explorers, high school Learning for Life program participants, and adult volunteer leaders who have given exceptional leadership in Exploring or Learning for Life programs. The Leadership Award is available annually to all Explorer posts and Learning for Life high school groups.
- Career Achievement Awards [PDF]
- Explorers can earn a Career Achievement Award in one or all 12 career fields. To earn a Career Achievement Award, the candidate must provide 50 hours of community service and complete any nine career achievements as outlined in the attached PDF file. The Explorer post Advisor certifies that each Explorer has satisfactorily performed 50 hours of community service and verifies that each candidate has completed at least nine achievements within the career field.
- President’s Volunteer Service Award [PDF]
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award is a prestigious national honor offered in recognition of volunteer commitment. Established in 2003, this Award is given by the President of the United States and honors individuals, families and groups who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to volunteer service over the course of 12 months with the Exploring program.